Welcome to my cooking class. This is the first time am posting a recipe on my blog. Recently i have been going through lot of cooking and recipe blogs and trying out variety of dishes. Some are hits and some misses. Here is one such hit- Vermicelli Idly.
1 cup vermicelli/semiya
1 cup rava/sooji
1 cup finely chopped vegetables of your choice (i had put carrot, green peas, potato)
Finely chopped coriander leaves
Few curry leaves
1 tbsp mustard seeds
Salt to taste
Pinch of soda
1 cup curd
1 cup water
2 tbsp oil
1. Roast the vermicilli and rava seperately in 1/2 spoon ghee/oil till brown. Keep aside.
2. Take oil in a pan. When it is hot, add mustard seeds, curry leaves and vegetables.
3. Fry untill the vegetables are bit soft. Switch off the heat.
4. Take a mixing bowl and add all the ingredients, roasted vermicelli, rava, vegetable mix, soda, salt and coriander leaves.
And it looks somewhat like this....
5. Now its time to add curd. Put curd and adjust the consistency adding water. Mix well and keep aside for 10 min.
6. In the meanwhile, oil the idli plates and keep the water for boiling. Pour the batter into idli plates.